Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Focus.

O Lord,

Help me!
For I am losing focus.
I can feel my eyes begin to wander.
I hate every turn of my head.

May you reach down from heaven
And grab my face,
So I may look up to You
And be too shocked to look away.

Improve my focus,
So my attitude will be right.
Improve my focus,
So my love will be right.
Improve my focus,
So Your will be done.

Lord,
I still remember that time you came to me.
You are truly frightening.
Frightening indeed.
However, despite that fear,
You were the only thought in my head.
Yes, to fear the Lord is good.
It keeps us focused.

Lord, may I never lose focus!

When I am well,
Help me run to you.
When I am afraid,
It is all too easy...
When I do a mighty work through You,
Help me run to You.
When I struggle,
It is all too easy...

My Lord, move these legs!
May I never lose sight of You.
May I never forget for a second!

When all is well; help me remember,
"Where do good things come from?"
And I shall run into Your arms,
For You are the one who gives grace.

I will bow before You in thanksgiving,
Just as I bow in desperation.
May there be no difference!

Your son asks this of You,
Jesus.

0 comments: