Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Before Adam Met Eve.

O Lord,

Thank You for showing me Your insights.
Help me always remember.
Don't let me forget Your truths.
I must always remember.

When I marry, remind me...

To think of her above my own life.
When I am tired, give me strength to help her clean.
If she washes dishes,
I will wrap my arms around her and wash with her.

Use me to show her how much I love her.
But more importantly,
Use me to show her how much You love her.
Use me...

Help me remember this moment!
I boldly come to your throne!
I bring everything in my heart to you.
May You pick and choose what doesn't belong!

Help me remember this moment.
For when I find a wife,
I will have found a great thing!

Even Adam had a time of singleness.

When man was alone,
He realized his loneliness.
When man saw woman,
He forgot his loneliness.

Lord, I don't want to forget.
In fear of taking my wife for granted.

When she is in Your word,
I will read with her.
When she cleans,
I will clean with her.
When she laughs,
I will laugh with her.
When she weeps,
I will weep with her.
When she sings songs for You,
I will sing with her.

May we truly be one flesh!


But Lord,
Don't let me forget...

0 comments: